We provide in depth counselling to individuals and families with a broad range of specific and interrelated health issues, such as:
- Pregnancy and Lactation
- Weight Loss and Management
- Sports and Fitness Nutrition
- Vegetarian and Veganism
- Health Maintenance and Disease Prevention
- Age-Specific or Nutrient-Specific Needs
- Heart Disease, High Cholesterol and Lipid Disorders
- Food Allergies
- Digestive Disorders
We will work with you over one to several sessions to educate, guide and support your journey to better food, nutrition and health.
The initial assessment requires 1 hour and involves taking a detailed medical, social and diet history as well as anthropometric measurements when appropriate. During this session, we will work together to set your health goals and strategies to achieve them.
For some patients, follow up appointments are recommended. These are 30 minutes and involve checking in on goal status, including measurements like anthropometrics and lab values, as well as tweaking the strategies from the first session to ensure they are effective in achieving your health goals.
Other services offered include:
- Personalized Meal Plans for those clients that need more structured and detailed support. These include 5 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 10 dinners and 10 snacks designed specifically for your nutrient needs, health goals and personal preferences.
- Grocery Tours: learn how to shop for your weekly staples while keeping your budget balanced. Other focus areas include label reading, planning for perishability, natural health products and supplements and practical tips for food preparation.